At Walker Labs, we are looking for a Lead Game Designer to help craft Walker World, a vast interoperable and innovative game experience — where exploration, competition, ownership and community-driven gameplay takes place. Powered by Unreal Engine 5 and blockchain technology, this is an exciting opportunity to join our team to shape a new industry — by creating a game that players love and that we can be proud of. We want to set an example for how games are made in this space, and that means our highest priority is to create an amazing game experience where players come together to have fun first and foremost — and then find innovative and fair ways of sharing revenue among all participants in the ecosystem — including our players.
About the role
We are looking to hire our Lead Game Designer to join our humble start-up team. We have an ambitious yet realistic project ahead of us, and this is a critical role for us to bring our vision of interoperable gaming to life. We are well aware that this role will involve many unique and technical challenges that are not typically found in traditional game development. And we need a Lead Game Designer who is innovative, solutions focused, understands player ownership of NFT assets, and has a keen interest in solving unique challenges that come with interoperable characters, accessories, and other content.
If you are looking for something creatively challenging, fast-paced, and allows you to have a lot of creative ownership within a small team, then this opportunity to create a new gaming experience might be just for you!
We would love if you have
- Experience working on shipped games from start to finish
- Design experience with Player Expression, Cosmetic rewards, and Matchmaking
- Interest in being a hands-on owner of our Walker World gameplay and game design
- A player-first mentality with appreciation to the user experience and “finding the fun”
- Designing around compelling gameplay loops, user retention, game economy and NFTs
- A willingness to integrate blockchain technology to create exciting new game experiences
- The ability to advise on methodologies, risks, scope and project needs for game design
- Experience writing and maintaining Game Design Documents
- Experience growing and empowering teams by leading with example
- Strong English communication skills with a proactive and collaborative team attitude
At Walker Labs, we put value in our team. We offer very competitive salaries, encourage collaboration and entrust our employees with creative agency and ownership. We also pride ourselves in having a healthy work-life balance, and offer flexibility with family commitments and other personal matters where possible. . We invite you to join our team to venture into the unknown to bring new and exciting experiences to gamers.
Walker Labs is committed to inclusion and diversity. We ensure we give equal opportunities to all of our employees and provide a safe workplace where everyone is valued and heard — without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or other characteristics.
Please apply with confidence to [email protected]. We can’t wait to hear from you!
If this role doesn’t quite match what you’re looking for we would still love to hear from you and how you feel you can bring value to our team and project. Feel free to apply to us via an “Open Application.